Diuretics for face swelling: drugs and folk methods
Edema on the face, accompanied by bags under the eyes, swelling and distortion of the face oval, unlike small wrinkles or pigment spots, can not be hidden with the help of powder and foundation. Most often they occur in the morning and are the result of lack of sleep, excessive intake of liquid or salty food the night before. But the reasons can be more serious. For example, kidney disease, cardiovascular system, liver, injury or allergy. To eliminate puffiness on the face will help diuretics in the form of pharmaceuticals or medicinal plants.
Features of choice diuretic
Edema is an excessive accumulation of fluid in the organs or extracellular tissue space, resulting from a delay in its removal from the body and an increase in the permeability of capillaries. The reasons for which edema appear on the face are divided into local and general.
- inflammatory processes on the skin;
- injuries and surgeries; sunburn;
- inflammation in the paranasal sinuses;
- insect bites.
To eliminate local edema, depending on the cause, painkillers, burns, antihistamines, anti-inflammatory pills, ointments, gels or creams are used. Diuretics in this case can be prescribed only with massive and increasing edema.
Common causes include lifestyle disorders, lack of sleep, kidney and liver diseases, endocrine disorders, heart failure, large amounts of salt, spicy and smoked food, liquids or alcohol in the evening. It is in these situations with edemas that diuretics quickly and effectively cope with the problem, but their choice should be carried out together with the doctor.
Important: If you frequently develop swelling on your face, you need to see a doctor, take a test and find out their cause. Unreasonable use of diuretics can be dangerous to health.
Drugs with a diuretic effect
Diuretics are a group of medicines that increase the excretion of fluid from the body, increase the formation of urine and improve its excretion. Currently, on the shelves of pharmacies there is a large selection of such drugs in various dosage forms. All of them differ in cost, indications, mechanism of action, contraindications and adverse reactions, so the choice must be made taking into account many factors, the most important of which is safety.
On the mechanism of action, the following main groups of diuretics can be distinguished:
1. Aldosterone antagonists block aldosterone receptors, increase the excretion of sodium, chlorine and water, slow down the excretion of potassium and urea. These include diuretics with active substances Spironolactone (Aldactone) and eplerenone (inspra, espiro, epenor).
2. Thiazide and thiazide-like diuretics increase the excretion of sodium and potassium ions and, as a result, accelerate the excretion of the liquid. The advantages of these diuretics include the speed of the onset and the duration of the anti-edematous effect, are used in diseases of the kidneys, hypertension, heart failure. This group includes preparations with active substances Hydrochlorothiazide, Indapamide (Lozol), cyclopentiazide, chlorthalidone and clopamid.
3. Loop diuretics relax the smooth musculature of blood vessels, by increasing the synthesis of prostaglandins E2 and I2 in vascular cells increase renal blood flow, increase glomerular filtration, increase the excretion of calcium and magnesium. These include preparations based on Furosemide (Lasix), Torasemide (Torsemide), ethacrynic acid (ureate), bumetanide and piretanide. They are characterized by the rapidity and short duration of the diuretic effect, as well as by a large list of side effects and contraindications, can be used for edema of various genesis.
4. Carboanhydrase inhibitors are characterized by a mild diuretic effect of average duration. The mechanism of action is associated with the effect on the enzymatic processes in the renal tubules, which leads to an increase in the volume of the released fluid. With prolonged use cause serious disturbances of acid-base balance in the body and lead to an increase in the pH of urine. The main representative of this group is a drug based on acetazolamide diacarb.
When using diuretics, it is necessary to understand that they only temporarily help to remove puffiness, but in no way affect the cause of its occurrence. If swelling on the face is caused by any pathologies in the body, then after the expiration of the diuretic, the edema with a high probability will appear again after a while. Diuretics have an effect on the whole organism in full, against the background of taking some of them, sometimes there is a development of dehydration of the body, loss of potassium ions, calcium and other important minerals.
Recommendation: After taking diuretics with edema of the face, especially the first time, it is better to stay at home, because during a certain time there are very frequent urge to urinate, which creates some inconvenience.
With edema on the face, not associated with serious diseases, you can use the recipes of traditional medicine. Unlike pharmaceuticals, they have a milder effect and have fewer contraindications and side effects, but they do not act so quickly. When swelling and accumulation of excess fluid in the body, folk medicine suggests using inside herbal teas, infusions and decoctions of medicinal plants that have a diuretic effect.
- dog-rose fruit;
- leaves of staminate orthosiphon;
- grass horsetail;
- greens of celery;
- cranberry leaves;
- seeds of dill and parsley;
- berries of cranberries;
- leaves bearberry ordinary;
- grass shepherd's bags and others.
To quickly get rid of edema, when using such drugs, it is recommended to limit the intake of liquid and salt. In the pharmacy you can also buy ready-made diuretical medicinal herbs to eliminate swelling caused by certain diseases.
Infusion of a shepherd's bag
Bought in the pharmacy dried herb shepherd's bag (1 tbsp.) Pour 200 ml of boiling water and insist 10 minutes. Then filter and take three times daily before meals.
Infusion of horsetail in the field
Dried herb horsetail field (4 tsp) pour 1⁄2 liter of boiling water, insist 20 minutes, filter. The obtained infusion should be consumed in an amount not exceeding 3 tbsp. l. four times a day.
Parsley has a diuretic effect, it helps well with swelling, it helps to remove excess uric acid and salts from the body. Apply it to eliminate swelling on the face should be as follows: parsley seeds (1⁄2 tsp) pour cold boiled water, infuse 7-9 hours. Take 2-3 tablets. l. every 2 hours.
Celery greens with edema can be added to ordinary vegetable salads or other dishes, as well as squeezed juice out of it. Juice should be taken for 1 tsp. 3 times a day for 30 minutes before meals.
Tip: To prevent swelling in the face in the morning, you should avoid sleeping with your head in the pillow. People prone to their occurrence, it is recommended to sleep on a high and rigid pillow with a raised head to ensure a normal outflow of liquid from the head.